28 November 2012

Beyond the Botanic Gardens in Sydney

walking along the foreshore, towards the Opera House

On the hillside, Australian natives in flower, Kangaroo Paws



  the iconic Opera house (coming in the back door)






Captain Cook Cruises

Ready for the ride of your life?  Want your spine rattled?

jump on board and HOLD ON!  Bet I didn't even have to tell you that ...you can feel that thunder right under your arches and he's only just backing out.  When the pilot sits down, then it gets serious, and no more laughing once G-force takes control!


Circular Quay.  Rail station is up ahead, for a train back to Central/Sydney, just a few stops away. and then to pick up a 'country train' to Newcastle for my almost two hours ride back home.  It's not quite the adrenalin-fix that's promised on the Thunderjet ride though ... have I left it all too late?

14 comments:

Brian King said...

Beautiful! I love the pointed roof lines! And the bridge is really nice! The cluster of tall buildings is pleasing unlike some cities.

Irma said...

Beautiful pictures Carole, second picture is really quite amazing.
The opera house I only know from television.

Jan said...

Lovely photos from your Sydney trip.
I am not keen on any of those fast boats as the wash can cause a lot of discomfort and even danger to other water users, and also damage the banks of the river or harbour.

Montanagirl said...

Nice series of photos. But no boat ride like that one for me!! LOL

TexWisGirl said...

the opera house is iconic, but the bridge is pretty, too.

theconstantwalker said...

I really do need to visit Australia at least once in my life...
I hope you are keeping well xx
Hugs Drew x

Horst in Edmonton said...

Lovely photos, and a great place to visit.

Jan Castle said...

WOW...stunning scenery...glad you enjoyed your trip. Maybe next time you can go on the 'fast' boat and take pictures - LOL!
Paper Hugs,
Jan

Judy said...

Wonderful tour!! I would have loved to see the kangaroo paws more closely...
Have you ever taken the thunderjet?

Carole M. said...

after a week of halt everything due to damaged nerves/ligaments from a simple tugging weeds project, the last thing I'd consider is hopping on the Thunderboat ride. Think I'm becoming too precious for it :)

diane b said...

A beautiful city even on a dull day. Did you see the people climbing the Harbour Bridge i your photo. Little dots in the right hand corner. I did that for my 70th birthday.

Carole M. said...

yes Diane, the walkers up the bridge have featured on another?
of my blog posts; I hope you had a good weather day for yours

Sharyl said...

There's just nothing like that Opera House and bridge! Your photos of it are splendid!

Joop Zand said...

Very nice impression Carole....i like these pictures very much.

warm greetings from Holland, Joop