10 March 2011

A rough pastel attempt turned into graphics play

I have written before today, that "I can't draw" but I am however, drawn to blogs that do display this creative talent. It didn't stop me stepping outside this afternoon and trying to sketch the flapjacks.

It was a bit of a hit and miss attempt, however, this is what I managed. I liked the colours a lot, but not the shapes and lack of balance. Figured perhaps this could be considered my first practice run; and the first time I've really tried something like this at all. It could easily have just gone into the bin as a non-event.



However, I was pretty happy with some added effects, after scanning...


Here's a new look, after taking the makeshift sketch into my graphics programme Corel's PhotoImpactX3, and blurring some of the colours a touch first.

Then applied Flaming Pear plug-in, Twist, with some variations to the sliders.

Now my fantasy cacti-succulent needed some thorns, so I made some of those with the line/arrow tool, and used the rotate-freely, and rotate-virtual-3D, to the finished thorn objects. Now I could have easily gone overboard with the thorns! They appeared like twinkling lights I thought, and made the image pop some.

From a little scrap of paper.........

2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

The thorns look like little sparkles of light, perhaps with a bit of dew. I like your rocks too!

Jan Castle said...

Kudos to you and your 'artistic' ability Carole...you can't say you don't have any drawing ability anymore! This project is lovely!!!!
Jan