21 May 2013

Aussie scenery, 4WD bus tour, and billy tea

From O'Reillys guest-house 9 a.m. each morning, a tour for those who were keen to take on a sometimes bumpy ride to experience various areas within Lamington National Park.

 20-seater

 Driver/guide, Duncan, shared the O'Reilly's family history and more





 Grass trees down in the valley




Traditional billy-tea with gum-leaves, and damper in the making.  Help yourself to slice of hot damper, spread with butter and your choice of topping.  My favourite was golden syrup but there was honey or malt too.

Damper recipes can be found here at AllDownUnder.com

9 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Sounds like a great adventure and tour! I like the grass trees! The photos are wonderful, Carole!

TexWisGirl said...

looks and sounds like fun! whatever's brewing, i can almost smell it! :)

Bob Bushell said...

A lovely tour around the country. Cheers.

Anonymous said...

Das sind sehr schöne Fotos.

LG Mathilda ♥

Dianne said...

Damper dripping with butter and honey Yum! a beautiful corner of the world.

Brian King said...

That's a very unique looking bus! I bet it would be fun to drive! The tour looks fun, too! I wish I could visit Australia.

Karen said...

Lamington National Park is a beautiful area. We toured a lot of it from Binna Burra. I love damper, very similar to our bannock.

Laura said...

I just wanted to tell you how much I love the mountains in the background of the 3rd photo. I could just look at these mountains and meditate....ahhhh they are so beautiful. Love the depth/layers of these mountains! Thanks!!!
hugs,
Laura

Julie said...

This was one of my favourite places to stay. I went for the first week of 2011. Lots of lovely sunsets and sunny days, but still foggy mornings.