16 November 2011

Bondi beach, yesterday...

Left home at 8.20 am. to catch the express train to Central/Sydney. From there, another short connection to Bondi Junction, and then a short bus trip to Bondi Beach. Arrived at the beach-front soon after 11.00 am.

For Watery Wednesday I'm sharing some of the Pacific Ocean photos. The colour of the water was most impressive; I guess I'm so accustomed to seeing so much 'lake' most often.  The occasion to visit the beach though, wasn't for a swim, but instead, to visit the very popular Sculptures by the Sea on display; lots of them.  Those photographs will certainly create a few more blog posts to follow over the next few days.


See the 18th at the bottom right?  A little of the exhibition.







Linking to Watery Wednesday

14 comments:

Lyn S said...

Sounds like you had a big day out Carole! Looks like it turned out to be lovely weather too!

Looking forward to seeing your other photos from the day....love the zebra on the other post!

CameraCruise said...

Beautiful photos from a beautiful place!

NatureFootstep said...

I love the Ocean beaches and this is gorgeous. :)

Anonymous said...

I've heard of Bondi beach from other bloggers too. But they didn't show it as beautifully as you do.

Sharyl said...

I'll be right over! :-) Ha! I wish!

Debbie said...

wow....what a view!!

Kim, USA said...

Oh my that is awesome. Is it summer down under?

Watery Wednesday

Tara said...

love your Bondi beach series...great place and interesting designs.

genie said...

The water in your photos is the color I remember seeing in the Bahamas. It is so different from the color of the Atlantic. The landscapes are gorgeous. I love how the houses go up the hill behind the shoreline. Lovely photography. genie

Deb said...

so beautiful..wish I was there...

Jan Castle said...

You were a busy bee....thanks for sharing!
Jan

Karen said...

Stunning shots! I love the colour of the ocean!

Cafe au lait said...

Lovely captures!

I played too. Mine is here.

2sweetnsaxy said...

These were great. Sigh! I miss the beach.