31 January 2010

Michael Strong Pocket Card Challenge

Michael Strong's Yahoo group has a monthly challenge for members, and January's challenge has been for a "pocket card". Cards submitted need to include at least one stamp from the Michael Strong collection.



I'd only just received my first M.S. stamps order and I wanted to put to good use the deeply etched Cloisonne Flower stamp. The cloisonne collection works so well with a batik look, and I love playing with colour! You can read more if you wish on how I 'batik' in this Helium article.

Look for wonderfully detailed tutorial for the Flower Pot Pocket Card by Stephanie Luman, over at Splitcoaststampers site; thanks Stephanie for sharing!

My flowerpot is made with Basic Grey scrapbooking paper, embossed with Provocraft's Birds and Swirls folder; edging with Martha Stewart's Arch Lattice punch. Butterfly is a Grace Taylor stamp with added anodised wire for a curly 'flight path' and antannae. Love text by Stampin Up embossed with Amethyst e.p.
To the flower centres I've added coloured circles with 3-d pop dots.

3 comments:

Hetty said...

What a beautiful pocket card, Carole. I am happy you have joint our Michael Strong stamp group!

Kay said...

This is gorgeous Carole. I love the flowers and the colours you used.

Lyn S said...

Wow, this is just stunning Carole!