18 October 2011

The Creative Exchange - October 17 - 21

My first time playing in Lisa's Creative Exchange.

The original of this image showed the Scaley-Breasted Lorikeets sitting on top of a wooden nesting box at Blackbutt Nature Reserve, Newcastle, N.S.W. They seemed the perfect pair.  This lorikeet frequents all along the Eastern coastline of N.S.W, and Qld.

Followed clues from Kim Klassen's techniques on using textures/layers here. Though I don't have PhotoShop, I do have Corel's PhotoImpactX3 and found I was able to use the principles demonstrated (thanks Kim), in differing ways. That was a fun discovery!


A long time ago I'd downloaded BG-Bday-tan, suited for digital scrapbooking from Delicious Moments/DSP Designers. That is my textured background starter.

You can participate in The Creative Exchange too!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! Coming from a bird lover :)

Through The Photographs

Lisa Gordon said...

Carol, this is gorgeous, and especially special to me since I have several pet birds!

I love the texture you chose for this. I looks very much like a painting.

Thank you so much for sharing this at The Creative Exchange.

Have a wonderful day!

lisa.

Pat said...

Beautiful work!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture and I love the background texture. I have 5 birds, love birds! I also have PhotoImpact X3 but switched to PhotoShop Elements this past spring. It's not too difficult. Good luck with it and I look forward to seeing more of your images.

Linda Willets Photography said...

Cool background texture.

Yvonne said...

Oh my goodness. I love everything about this! Most especially the colors :)

Betty Manousos said...

great job!

that is beyond beautiful!
i love it!

visiting via the creative exchange.

Kay said...

Beautiful!
I took a look at Kim Klassen's blog and thought her tutorials were interesting but I have Paint Shop Pro...