28 October 2011

Artistree ...any tree can make your picture

From The Australian Arid Lands Botanic Garden, on the Stuart Highway, Port Augusta, South Australia, to my Creative Exchange entry for this week.

From the original photograph, some coloured-charcoal enhancements added; then a toggle with the hues and saturation levels.


From this one first ...


and this one before it ...a beautiful ageing and twisted tree

As you drive in ....a crispy early morning start, with long shadows




Linking to Lisa Gordon and, The Creative Exchange


9 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Cool looking tree and I love the artwork. You are very creative. Well done!

Lyn S said...

Hi Carole, great special effects here!

I've been enjoying all your wonderful photo shares, your photography is great! I really need to take a photography class now that I have invested in a digital SLR camera, and learn how to use it properly.

TexWisGirl said...

i love trees with character like that one!

hannah said...

I so like what you did with this sculpted tree: your second edit makes it look ready to be printed in a coffee table book.Art Deco style.The charcoal treatment really worked well.

Lisa Gordon said...

This is wonderful Carole.
They look like beautiful sketches.
So nicely done!
Thank you so much for sharing this at The Creative Exchange.
Have a great weekend!

lisa.

Jeanne said...

Love this processing! Isn't it fun! Thank you for sharing these great photos!

Anonymous said...

Nice Work.

Pat said...

I love the old, gnarled tree and your edits!

Kay said...

When I was in Perth I fell in love with the trees. They are so different than in Holland.
Again you did a great job. They look like a sketch.