09 December 2011

Fridays 'Fences'




Closer to home; this is part of the 'bush corridor' behind where I live.  It's not much deeper to the road frontage than what appears here.  My early morning walks with neighbouring friend take us along this pathway.  I thought 'a fence, for Fridays Fences' .... well almost.  It's more of a retaining wall, but not much in the way of front fences around here. 


 and the other side, shows opening up to the main road now, where we cross over.






Love the rustic look to rock-walls.


Sharing with Life According to Jan and Jer


14 comments:

Nadege, said...

Love the composition, great texture on the brick wall.

Unknown said...

I love the texture of the rocks.

Rose said...

I wish this was in my view on a regular basis!

Lesley said...

This looks almost like a massive rock planter! I really like this wall/fence.

Unknown said...

the 2nd shot, because of the angle, has come off very well!

Cheers,
My Third Eye

Jan n Jer said...

I am a real fan of these big rock walls or fences....they just add so much texture n charm!

TexWisGirl said...

i'd consider it a fence! love those rock walls!

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

...and I thought I would be the only one with a stone/rock fence on Friday's Fences. Very nice.

Faye said...

Great photos of your version of what we call in Kentucky a dry stone fence--a lot around our horse farms. Love the way this fence/wall is capped by the grass.

Francisca said...

This rock "fence" works for me! I remember helping my mother build one in our own yard when I was 12 years old. It's hard work but wonderfully satisfying when done.

Jan Castle said...

reminds me to pay more attention to EVERYTHING I see! Love the rock wall! TFS
Jan

gtyyup said...

Rock walls, whether natural or man-made are always interesting subjects...nicely done!

Susan said...

Beautiful rock wall/fence, I love the trees and plants too! Very pretty!

Evelyn S. said...

This is the kind of fence that I like! Beautiful capture, Carole!