10 October 2013

Sandstone Caves - Part One

Getting into the Sandstone Caves walk in the Pilliga Nature Reserve, N.S.W.   Gosh, the colours along here were fascinating, and the beautiful textures. Nature is amazing, it was such a treat to see; so are you ready then?

Follow me...hope you like 'the rocks" as much as I do.


Welcome Swallows were seen entering some pockets like this.  What a great spot for them to build their mud nests, though not sure how far they had to fly to gather 'mud'.  They sure work hard for it.



a good spot for bats too

surely it was one that has fallen and broken into two halves...do you think?



looking back



and yes, while I sat ... looking up overhead, and hoping now wasn't the time for a slice to drop.  Russian Roulette?  Maybe it's time to move on....






Well I guess it all starts looking the same when you see it like this, one-two-three, but when walking it, there were unexpected little finds and changes in colours and textures ...you should've been there.

More of the  Sandstone Caves tomorrow; more of the same you might think --- but quite different :)!

14 comments:

betty-NZ said...

Those are some fabulous natural masterpieces! I love to explore such places and take note of the shapes and tones.

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

Okay, you're killing me with the great places you are visiting. Wish I were there with you.

Our photos said...

The photos are beautiful!
Greetings, RW & SK

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

That's quite a geology lesson you've presented us with. Yes, I do like the rocks as much as you and I'm looking forward to the next instalment.

Irma said...

I find this beautiful rocks.
Very nice that the swallows nesting in there.

eileeninmd said...

Love this place, with all the shapes and colors! Looks like a perfect place for swallows and bats! Great shots, have a happy day!

TexWisGirl said...

the split one looks like a giant geode. :) love the colors and textures you showed.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

These are wonderful photos of the rocks and all their texture and colors. I think the first and last photos are my favorites. They would look lovely framed and hanging on the wall!

Montanagirl said...

I really enjoyed seeing these. I love the coloration and patterns in those rock formations.

Lisa Gordon said...

Carole, these are beautiful!
I love the colors and textures.

Brian King said...

Wonderful formations! Makes me wonder how deep the caves are. This is a part of Australia I haven't seen before.

Wally Jones said...

Stunning! What a fantastic landscape. Thank you for sharing such beautiful views!

Jan Castle said...

What a treat that must have been...beautiful rocks! I think I would be a bit apprehensive about sitting under them - you are brave!!!

Bob Bushell said...

Perfection, the caves are beautiful, nice one Carole.