30 April 2014

Yarramalong Valley - Round Four

Continuing with the little series of the past few days, and, as luck would have it ..after finishing off lunch in the round-house, someone sang out "raptors!".

 'way out there', one of a pair of White-bellied Sea Eagles.  Original/cropped.  

here is where I stood for that first photo.  There's a 'dot' top right-hand side of photo, one of the w.b.s.eagles. 

Walking then over to the wooden fence, because they had landed in the trees, about 3/4 way up that tall light post high, and to the right of it. Soooo far away.  

which explains this shot, though I'm amazed to have gotten that even.

and the other, was higher up.  

You kind of reflect and wonder why did you bother to even take a photo when so far away, but it's the thrill of the chase thing happening.  There's a lot of adrenalin out there when the raptors are about. 

Sharing with Wild Bird Wednesday

20 comments:

mick said...

Great post and well worth the long distance photos!

TexWisGirl said...

aptly-named - white bellied, for sure!

Montanagirl said...

I take long distance photos too - sometimes just for the "record". I liked seeing these!

Jeanne said...

You did an amazing job for that sort of distance. Impressive. Know you are going to really enjoy this!

Gail Dixon said...

What a cool bird!! I've learned it's impossible to get perfect shots every time. Usually when I see a bird for the first time, I'm so excited my hands are shaking. Yes, my life is that boring. :)

thewovenspoke said...

Nice, I really like the first shot that is awesome.

Karen said...

A beautiful flash of white! I often take distance photos for identification. In this case, I would surely take them for the amazing bushland.

Irma said...

Beautiful pictures Carole.
Great to see the White-bellied Sea Eagle, you get a lot of adrenaline through your body.
Greetings Irma

Bob Bushell said...

Precious bird, WB Sea-Eagle is a superb, nice one Carole.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

HI Carole Amazing how you got the shots from that distance.Love the first flight shot. You must have been pumped with adrenaline that day. All worth it every time.

Roy Norris said...

Never mind the size of the image Carole at least you got to see the bird. It looks the size of a barn door.{:))

Seraphinas Phantasie said...

Wow, you catch this seldom bird really good. Amazing !
Best regards, Synnöve

Anni said...

So striking in beauty and stature!!! Wow.

i stora drag said...

Hi Carole
I agree with you, it's always exciting to see what will happen when one is out there looking for birds. Nice to see the flying bird and of course I would also take some photos, even if the bird is far away!
Greetings Pia

Ida said...

Raptors are amazing birds. Even if the shots were far out you can see the birds clear enough to enjoy them. Thanks for sharing.

Brian King said...

Very distinctive raptors! Beautiful!

Sue (this n that) said...

Just brilliant Carole!
Oh no, never second guess taking far away pictures such as those - such a sight. Magnificent birds :D)

DeniseinVA said...

I enjoyed these photos very much Carole, lovely birds of prey aren't they?

Unknown said...

Magnificent birds! Sometimes long distance shots are all you can get.

Christian Perrin said...

I like the long distance photos because they set the subject in the environment. I wouldn't have expected Sea-Eagles on the forested hillsides - if I squint, they could be Bald Eagles.