27 December 2012

Myuna Bay - Part One

Was such a lovely weather start to the day, it deserved some soaking up, getting out somewhere for a photo shoot.   My cache' of photos from Myuna Bay will span through a few posts now, so am starting with the walk from where I parked, and some scenery images. Birding snapshots will start taking over in subsequent posts.

 a little white timber bridge in the distance.  Could hear small birds in the scrub on the right but nothing would reveal itself. 
 
there were seagulls here, and there, along the waters edge 
 

 
a pair of Plovers (Masked Lapwing) weren't happy me being around; I kept my distance

 the wooden bridge is coming up, to the right
 
 
high-wire act from the Crested Pigeon 
a peep through the trees
 


 
the other side of the bridge now. 
several of the Superb Fairy Wrens in the dense growth but of course kept way out of reach, darn...this is just to show they were out there and I had hoped for a good snap.  They dart about so quickly, maybe I'd have had half a chance if it'd stopped a moment.  More coming up in Part Two! 

13 comments:

Dianne said...

Those little Fairy-Wrens are very difficult to capture - I think it takes lots of patience and staying still but I've never been able to manage those two qualities.
What a lovely walk Carole with welcome glimpses out to sea.

Irma said...

Beautiful series Carole, beautiful environment, it is there.
Have a nice day, Irma.

eileeninmd said...

What a pretty place to walk and to see the birds. Lovely scenes and I enjoyed seeing your birds. The lapwing and the Fairy Wren are my favorites. Have a great day!

Seraphinas Phantasie said...

Beautiful photos of your walk. Great !

Anonymous said...

Das sind so wunderschöne Fotos, die machen Sehnsucht...nach Meer und Frühling.

LG Mathilda ♥

TexWisGirl said...

so nice to see greenery! :)

love the lapwing! and the crested pigeon, too!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

What a lovely place for a walk, Carole! Love those little Fairy Wrens and the Crested Pigeon is an interesting looking bird.
Enjoy your day!

Joop Zand said...

Very nice photo's Carole.

Greetings, Joop

diane b said...

Thank for taking me for a walk along the Bay. I could almost hear the birds.

Judy said...

Wonderful stroll!!! Thanks for taking us along!! That crested pigeon is so funny looking!!! Like someone licked his feathers the wrong way!!

Sharyl said...

Love the seagull and wren especially! Of course, I'm always in awe of seagulls. Not often seen where I come from! :-)

Jan Castle said...

Lovely walk Carole...I enjoyed it!
Hugs,
Jan

Brian King said...

What a beautiful place! I love the Lapwing with its yellow face!