06 June 2012

Max Max II cars at Silverton Hotel, Outback N.S.W.

This historic hotel has featured in more than 100 films and commercials.  You might recognize a little from Mad Max 11.

The original hotel was built in 1884 for the ever-growing mining population, and twelve months later was replaced with a two-storey model.  After a fire in 1918, this current hotel was housed within the Silverton Post Office.  Read more on the Silverton Hotel here.



   



As the sign says, there's a museum 'up the road'  You can read some about it and the owner, here.

The stage for Sunday's live bands


Sharing with Outdoors Wednesday

13 comments:

Linda said...

I loved Mad Max - I think it is time to watch it again! What great shots of those old cars...

Karin M. said...

Wow ... that's an imposing model ... great ..
Best regards, Karin

Red Nomad OZ said...

I LOOOOOOOVE Silverton!! It's a real hidden treasure even though it's not that far from Broken Hill. And the pub's movie memorabilia is most impressive - that car ROCKS!!

Anonymous said...

Ich chaue mir deine Fotos an und staune immer zu wie es aussieht bei dir .. so eine andere Welt wie bei mir!

Tolle Fotos...
Lieben Gruss Elke

Shaun said...

Oh heavens about I am soooooo jealous right now. I love Mad Max, it is so cool that you shared these images with us Carole.
Shaun
Valleys ShutterBug

NatureFootstep said...

wow, this surley needs a closer look. Amazing.

Dianne said...

Oh! I just love that outdoor stage ... The whole town looks like a movie set ... I'm sure you enjoyed all these wonderful photo ops!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

What a fun stage. I can't believe the tires on that VW!

TexWisGirl said...

too cute.

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

I like the push me pull me stage.

Karen said...

Great outback shots!

Jan Castle said...

Love the funky stage!!! All so unusual...love it! TFS
Jan

Brian King said...

The VW Bug is awesome! The back tires on that thing are huge! Love seeing something from Mad Max. I always thought it was a strange, but cool movie.