and these in a tub, where I've some basil seedlings growing.
I'd hoped to also include here some mushroom prints from these, but they proved to be too moist I think, and with next to no colour showing in the gills, the print result was most dissapointing. Messy, looking like damp pollen.
I have done this in years gone by with good results, but not with these type fungi. I call them mushrooms ... I guess they are? When I lifted them gently from the cardstock this morning, they looked like floppy little pancakes.
Not daunted! From this image ...
Some fun graphics play. Inverted, erased the retainer wall backdrop, and airbursh-cloned the remaining space overhead.
Then to creating some "objects" .. the little clothing items and pegs on the line. Bunny is a partial silhouette image taken from a Dover clipart cd. This is really, a little reminiscent of a paper-cutting I did a couple of years back .
Look to Brian Garthwaite's blog Fire Would Burn Me, for his steps to taking mushroom spore prints here. On reading through Brian's notes, I find I may well have had some success if I'd used a black cardstock .. though I really think they were simply too full of moisture to have made a good print. Next time I will be more choosy.